Ternopil district, Ternopil region
- European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative
- Jewish encyclopedia of Brockhaus & Efron
- Anna Wolf, Kozova
- Hryhoriy Arshynov, European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative. Kozova Jewish Cemetery
|Synagogue in Kozova
||Jewish cemetery in Kozova, 2019
|Ohel of Rabbi Hayim in Kozova
Kozova - a township in Galicia. Jews began to settle in the town in the early 17th century.
In 1765, 364 Jews lived in kagal district of Kozova.
Jacob Reinman (1778–1814) served as a rabbi in 1798. Yosef Rotenberg (died in 1852), a son-in-law of Zvi-Hirsch Aichenstein of Zhidachov, was a rabbi in 1840–52.
In 1880, the number of the Jewish population was 1,510 (37,1% of the total population)
In 1900 - 1,259 Jews (1740 - the total population)
In 1921 - 1,391 Jews (28,3% of the total population).
In 1931 - 1,570 Jews resided here.
In the early 20th century, the tzaddik Moshe Langner (1878–1945) lived in the town.
300 Jewish families lost their houses in a fire of 1906.
In 1909, a Hebrew school was opened.
In 1916, 57 Jews were deported to Ternopil.
In the interwar period, the branches of the Zionist organization HaRevizionistim and youth movement Beitar were active in Kozova.
The Wehrmacht occupation began on July 3, 1941.
A pogrom claimed the lives of 300 Jews was staged in October 1941.
On September 21, 1942, around 1,000 Jews were sent to the Belzec death camp.
In 1942, About 2,000 Jews were imprisoned in a ghetto in Kozova.
On June 12, 1943, the Kozova ghetto was liquidated.
In 2003, a few Jewish families resided in Kozova.