|Jewish cemetery in Stoyaniv, 2019
||Neo -Gothic church in Stoyaniv, erected in early 20 century
- Jewish encyclopedia of Brockhaus & Efron
- Jewish Cemeteries Initiative. Stoyaniv Jewish Cemetery
- Mirkaz Moreshet. Stojanow
- Jewish Cemeteries Initiative. Published by Center for Jewish art
- AndriySt, Wikipedia
Chervonohrad district, Lviv region
The first mention of Stoyaniv dates from 1501. The privilege of King Sigismund II August in 1547 was granted Magdeburg law.
Until 1939, Stoyanov retained the status of the township.
Since 1629, the first Jewish settlers began to appear. Among the Jews there were many merchants, artisans, wood processing masters, and they were engaged in construction.
In 1765 there were 176 Jews.
The Belz Hasidism dominated.
In 1900, the Jewish population numbered 726 (15% of the total population).
In 1912, 400 Jews lived in the township.
In the interwar period, the Zionist organizations were functioning.
The Germans occupied Stoyaniv on June 24, 1941.
On September 12, 1942, the Jewish population of Stoyaniv was deported to the Belzec death camp.
About 50 Jews remaining in the city were subsequently killed