Sambir district, Lviv region
|Palace in Nyzhankovychi, 2012
||Coat of arms at the palace
||Town Hall in Nyzhankovychi, before 1906
|Town Hall in Nyzhankovychi, 2010
||Deer on the tower of Town Hall, 2010
||Evolution of tower and deer, 2016))
- Russian Jewish encyclopedia
- Center for Jewish art. Synagogue in Nyzhankovychi
- Biblioteka Narodowa Polona. Niżankowice
- Wikipedia. Нижанковичі
- Wikipedia. Town hall in Nyzankovychi
Nyzhankovychi, urban -type settlement (since 1940) in Lviv region. Founded at the beginning of the 15th century. In the 19th-early 20th centuries - the township of Pshemysl powiat of Galicia Province in Austria-Hungary. In 1919–39 - in Lviv Voivodeship as part of Poland, in 1939–91 - as part of Ukrainian SSR.
In 1880, 364 Jews lived in Nyzhankovychi (20.8%),
in 1890 - 546 (27.3%),
in 1900 - 417 (18.7%),
in 1910 - 669 (28.9%),
in 1921 - 408 Jews (21.9%).
The first mention of Jews in Nyzhankovychi dates to 1602.
In 1860–96, David Geller (1820–1896) served as a rabbi here. From 1896 to 1935, these duties were fulfilled by his son-in-law Yakov-Shalom Herzog (1860–1935), since 1935 - the son of Yakov-Shalom, Dovid Herzog (1890–1943).
In 1924, a Jewish library and a drama circle were opened.
In the early 1900s, a printing house, which belonged to the Jew Abraham Katz, acted in Nyzhankovychi.
In 1920-30s branches of various Jewish parties and organizations acted.
On June 27, 1941, 16 Jews were executed by German occupiers. The remaining Jews was deported to the extermination camp Belzec in late July 1942.
|Greetings from Nyzhankovychi, pharmacy. Postard of 1909, published by printing house Abraham Katz
||Greetings from Nyzhankovychi, market. Postard of 1903, published by printing house Abraham Katz
||Synagogue in Nyzhankovychi, 2000. In Soviet times, it was rebuilt to the cinema