Sambir district, Lviv region
- Russian Jewish encyclopedia
Limna (ukr. Лімна), a village inthe Lviv region. It is known since 1519. In the 16-18 centuries - as part of the Commonwealth. In the 19th-beginning of the 20th century-in the province of Galicia as part of Austria-Hungary. In 1919–39 - in the Stanislav Voivodeship as part of Poland, in 1939–91 - as part of the Ukrainian SSR.
In 1921, about 200 Jews lived in Limna.
Jews lived in Limna since 1700. At the beginning of the 20th century, 3 synagogues operated.
In 1906, part of the lands in Limna was owned by Israel-Ber Engelmayer, Niel Engelmeyer, Liber Campf and Borukh Kampf.
In the 1920-30s there were branches of various Jewish parties and organizations.
In the summer of 1941 the village occupied the Vshrmacht troops. In 1942, Jews from Limna were deported through Turka to the Belzhets death camp.