Yavoriv district, Lviv region
|Postcard "Greeting from Krukenychi", 1903-1906. Publishing House of Zimmerman in Krukenychi
- Russian Jewish encyclopedia
- Biblioteka Narodowa Polona. Krukienice
Krukenychi, a village in Lviv region. In the 19th-early 20th centuries - in the province of Galicia as part of Austria-Hungary. In 1919–39 - as part of Poland, in 1939–91 - the Ukrainian SSR.
In 1921, 231 Jews lived in Krukenychi (14%).
In the 19th century the village was known for skilled Jews-shoemakers.
In the 1st half of the 20th century Jews of Krukenychi were engaged in the trade in forest, small trading, crafts, carting, rented a brewery and sawmill.
Jew Zimmerman owned printing house.
In 1941 Krukenychi was occupied by troops of the Wehrmacht. In the fall of 1942, the Jews of Krukenychi were deported to Mostyska, where they were subsequently killed.
Jewish cemetery was demolished after WWII.