- Russian Jewish encyclopedia
Ivano-Frankivsk district, Ivano-Frankivsk region
Knyahynychi, a village near Rohatyn in the Ivano-Frankivsk region. It is known since 1440. In 19-the beginning of the 20th century - the village of Rogatinsky powiat in province Galicia in Austria-Hungary. In 1919–39 - in the Stanislav Voivodeship as part of Poland, in 1939–91 - as part of the Ukrainian SSR.
In 1880, 648 Jews (41.1%) lived in Knyahynychi,
in 1900 - 689 (41.3%),
in 1921 - 414 Jews (27.8%).
The Jews have lived in Knyahynychi since the beginning of the 18th century. The main affairs in the 19th - early 20th centuries are crafts and small trade.
The synagogue acted in Knyahynychi. Rabbi in the 1st half of the 19th century was Rabbi Gudl, in 1865–68 - Benjamin Weiss, in 1881-1907 - Avrom Langer, in 1907–08 - his son Uri, in the 1910–20s - Doive-Ber Kimel.
In 1916, 147 Jews were sent from the Knyahynychi to Tarnopol.
In 1923, a school opened with teaching in Hebrew.
In 1929, a cash desk of mutual assistance was organized.
In the 1920-30s there were branches of various Jewish parties and organizations.
In the 1930s the rabbi was Chaim-Zelig Polyak.
In the summer of 1941, Knyahynychi occupied the Hungarian troops. In April 1942, Jews were deported to Bukachivtsi.