Yavoriv district, Lviv region
|Jewish cemetery in Husakiv, 2019
||On cemetery are buried r. Efraim-Dov and r. Yosef-Eliyahu
- Russian Jewish encyclopedia
- Jewish Cemeteries Initiative
- Jewish Cemeteries Initiative. Husakiv Jewish Cemetery
At 19 - beg. 20th century in the province of Galicia, part of Austria-Hungary. In 1919–39 it was part of Poland, in 1939–91 it was part of the Ukrainian SSR.
In 1880, 564 Jews (42.2%) lived in Husakiv,
in 1900 - 629 (41.9%),
in 1921 - 249 Jews (25.6%).
The Jews were present in Husakiv since the early 17th century. The Jewish community had already existed from the first half of the 18th century. The Jews of Husakiv engaged in trading, money lending and crafting.
The bookbinder public society “Tikun-Sfarim” operated in the pre-war period. At the same time, the Zionist organizations became active in Husakiv.
The economic condition of the community severely declined during WWI.
Rabbi of Husakiv in the 18th century (until 1775) was Rabbi Meir, father of Levi Yitzchok from Berdichev.
In the middle of 19th century rabbi was Efroim Dov Lengnoir, from the 1880s - his son Yosef Eliyahu.
In the 1930s rabbis in Husakiv were Efroim Dovid Titelboim and Meir Titelboim.
On the day of the occupation by Wehrmacht troops on June 22, 1941, a pogrom was staged in Husakiv. Several dozens of Jews were killed, the synagogue was burned down.
The Jews of Husakiv were deported to the ghettos of the surrounding cities in November 1942.